Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ninja Ten

Hey guys!

It was my birthday on Thursday and now I'm fifteen. Fifteen, and before long, that will be thirty. Only two years left of high school! Me, out in the real world? It's a scary thought. Just next year, I'll be able to get my learner's licence! Gosh, that's pretty nerve-wracking.

Anyway, I love birthdays. For me, it basically means a crap-load of new music! Right now, I have 947 recently added songs on my iTunes. About 20 of them I bought on iTunes, another 20 were off a CD that I bought, a gazillion of them were songs I got off my host brother and sister, and the rest I salvaged off my old iPod nano! I have one of the little fat ones and it had soo many songs stuck on it- I rescued them after about two years- finally!! 

Today's post is pure music; I thought I'd share with you the best songs of them all.

Love Drunk- Boys Like Girls
For my punk-pop lovelies, this one's for you. I never knew it by name but I have loved it for ages. Boys Like Girls are about the most awesome you can get. Their whole album is just... well, please excuse me while I dance wildly around my room!

The Llama Song- Burton Earny
My best friend bought it on iTunes. It goes for a total of 40 seconds. It is so stupid and pointless that it is actually so awesome. It's for those with a sense of humour and a love for llamas. That would be you, Danisnotonfire. If you don't know him; I'm doing a post tomorrow on YouTubers. Stay tuned, folks!

Loser Like Me- Glee
My absolute anthem, personal theme song... whatever you call it; that's what this song is to me. It's just awesome! It sums me up perfectly, and Glee is just amazing, no matter what my dad will say! I adore Cory Monteith and his voice and Lea Michele's in one track- to die for!!

Tonight Tonight- Hot Chelle Rae
Yep; it's mainstream. You've heard it everywhere, right? I love it so much! It is the first more-than-decent pop song I've heard in so long! I can't resist dancing and/or singing along whenever I hear it. They've set the bar pretty high, and I cannot wait to hear more from them. 

Fall For You- Secondhand Serenade
It just sounds pretty and kinda romantic and sweet, which is pretty much typical of Secondhand Serenade. It's not one to burst your eardrums or have you busting out some kind of breakdance moves in the middle of a flashmob, but it's beautiful. The kind of song that has you lying in your room doodling in your journal, thinking of That Guy. 

On The Brightside- Never Shout Never
I never thought I'd thank school for finding me a cool song, but I am! They played it at assembly one Friday, and it was just so cool! It is the cutest song ever, and Christofer Drew Ingle's voice is just to die for! It's a positive mantra that's catchy and simple, a perfect little pick-me-up on a down day!

Scene Kid- Scream Infamy
I believe I've mentioned the sheer epicness of Scream Infamy and the loveliness of Josh before in The Underground Experience? Well when I got my iTunes credit *cue victory music* this was on the top of the list! If you didn't read it- click here! This is what Josh had to say about the inspiration behind the band's first single:
"Honestly, most of the Sydney music scene. Hardcore/metal kids and 'hipster' scene kids really annoy me a lot. They act like they are better than everyone when in fact, they are just not. The song is about getting rejected by a girl cause she would prefer to date one of these 'scene kids', obviously, and the music is inspired by old school punk rock."
Read the post if you haven't already!

Burn So Bright- The Sundance Kids
Once again, I hail thee, Genius sidebar on iTunes! I knew about The Sundance Kids beforehand, because they were the opening act for Short Stack at a local show that I unfortunately couldn't get tickets to- grr! I didn't end up looking up their music, and I'd sort of half forgotten about them until iTunes stepped in. I heard this song and started crying. Yes, I cry over beautiful songs. If you haven't heard them- think The Fray with a splash of Short Stack.

Secret Valentine- We The Kings
This song is just epic in so many ways. Could it be the fact that We The Kings are just awesome and attractive? Perhaps. But this song is G-R-E-A-T! It pretty much is me, and in my favourite style of music too. Pretty much the greatest thing ever!

Blast The Stereo- The Never Ever
The Never Ever. Enough said. Back in the days before Dylan Nash, there was Colby McQueen (now lead singer of another Sydney pop-punk five piece, Wake The Giants). Despite my lasting loyalty to Dylan, I still adore the fact that Colby was a part of the formation of my favourite unsigned lovelies.

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment