Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My New Love

Hello internet!

Recently I've discovered something awesome that both PJ and I have come to adore- the wonderful world of K-Pop. If you've never heard of it, grab some popcorn or a bag of chips, maybe a can or two of softdrink and listen in because I'm going to explain the sheer awesomeness of it all.

Basically, K-Pop is the Korean pop music, hence the name. It consists of synth and boy bands much like western pop music, but in my opinion, is way cooler. Think bright colours and eccentric costumes. Or two words: Gangnam Style.


Maybe you already know what I'm talking about given the number of memes like this one:


Or the parodies like this one:


There's no exaggeration when you say that this video has gone viral. PSY (the artist) has even released a second version featuring Hyuna (his girlfriend in the original clip):


I would probably describe the song as the brighter, crazier Korean Pitbull. There's just some little parallels between them!

And how did this love of mine only just come to be? Well, it's a pretty basic story. 

PJ and I were at her place one afternoon, bored out of our minds. We were flicking through the TV guide and discovered that on SBS (don't judge, okay?!) was a half hour show called Pop Asia. We watched in amazement as we saw a whole variety of Korean music videos. Here's a list of some of our favourites (other than Gangnam Style, of course!):


Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love this song! My sister and I discovered it a while ago.
    If you like parodies, here's one I saw that made me laugh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cG7ZVBXQII

    ReplyDelete