Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Love My Alternative Bands....

Sorry about the lack of posting lately, guys! I’ve been at parties, doing assignments and researching the hottest unsigned guy bands around!
To start with, though, I’d like to mention that my favourite band of at least three years now, Short Stack, have finally released their latest music video to accompany a song off This Is Bat Country [their latest album], Heartbreak Made Me a Killer at 9am on Friday (just to annoy their school-aged fans, haha)! I like the new video, apart from the lack of Bradie's face and that he cut his hair. I liked how Planets and We Dance to a Different Disco, Honey were connected by the alien girl, as were the older ones by the rabbit costumes, craziness and immaturity; this one was very different and much more mature. Not my absolute favourite, but it was still awesome. 5 ninja stars!!


And now for the latest unsigned talent I’ve come across...
Firstly, there’s the epic band, Take This To Heart, who are my favourite right now! They’ve been playing together since late 2007 but switched drummers just last year. The best part? They’re a Sunny Coast band of the best genre!! Their five track demo is up on Facebook, if you have an account, as well as their amazing cover of the Blink-182 song, Stay Together for the Kids. You can find them on their Facebook, YouTubeMySpace and one of my favourite websites ever, Triple J Unearthed. A couple of my friends that have heard and appreciate their talent want to go to one of their gigs sometime next month, but I’ll have to wait and see!
Then, because I’ve been trawling through the Triple J Unearthed website constantly, I came across the punk-pop band, Cupidfalls. They would have to be the best band I’ve found on that website so far. They’ve got some free songs for download on the Triple J site, which you’ll find here - no excuses for not knowing who they are when they come up in conversation sometime soon! I love all their influences- Queen, Story of the Year and FACT. They’ve only been around for about a year, and it shouldn’t be long before they take the punk-pop music scene by storm!!
Last, but certainly not least- look up Meaning In Masterpiece. They’re a Californian band (the only non-Aussie band I’ve mentioned, haha) who’ve been around since mid 2009. If you’re into bands like Never Shout Never, Dashboard Confessional and Kisschasy, you’ll love them. Lots of acoustic guitar and soft male vocals are what set them apart from other bands. They have a six song EP called Someone Else out on iTunes right now, which you should hear, stat!
Well, that’s all, folks! I will try to get back to regular posting as soon as I possibly can, I promise. This week’s crunch week for all my assignments and everything, so it might be another couple of weeks before I can really get back into it.
I love you all, and thanks for supporting my dreams thus far!
Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment