Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Something I Feel Strongly About

There are many things I feel strongly about which range somewhere on my care meter between my undying love for chocolate and Short Stack and my I-couldn't-care-less attitude about Justin Bieber. That was probably one of the lamest opening sentences I've ever written, but I'm not changing it because I can't think of anything more normal- sorry. Anyway, one thing I feel really strongly about is bullying. It basically covers a whole bunch of things I'm opinionated about, but I'm going to tackle them all in one.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, obviously. I think it's great to share your opinions with someone if they're in need of some guidance as to what shoes to buy or if getting drunk on Saturday night is really a good idea. If I didn't believe in that, I wouldn't be lying on my bed with my laptop open typing this, now would I? In my mind, opinion is a really good thing and it's a requirement of life so you can make good judgments and stay alive. It's common sense, really.

What I have a problem with, however, is when people go an unload their negative opinion on someone with the intention to hurt them. There is no way in the world that I see that as okay. And I don't mean if it involves someone's safety. Telling someone that smoking a cigarette will not make them look cool or that it's a stupid idea to get in a car with their intoxicated friend is completely called for. It's necessary. I mean, when someone tells someone they look ugly or fat or they're stupid. That is not okay.

How would you feel if someone told you that you'd never make friends because they were fat and stupid? How about if someone constantly made fun of you because of the person you liked? Or if they humiliated you in front of that person because of some tiny mistake you made years ago? What if they did the same thing every day? Doesn't it sound awful? Because that's the effect bullying has on people.

That's just one form of bullying. I've seen a lot of it and been through it myself. I know it made me a very unhappy person, to say the very least. It's happened to my friends. And it sucks. A lot. It hurts badly for a really long time. Even if you forget what exactly was said, the feeling stays with you. It scars your mind, angry and red and raw, and it doesn't go away. 

If you're there, if you're one of those people who are hurting...be strong. You're already stronger than they are if you're living through this horrible thing and they can't be strong enough to resist. If it's about your sexuality- you're so brave for being able to admit it to yourself as well as other people. Be proud of yourself for that. If it's because you're smart- remember they'll be working for you one day. If it's because you're ugly- who are they kidding. There's no such thing as ugly. Being pretty is about what people can see, and it's relative. Some people see blonde hair and a tan as pretty; others see black hair and pale skin as beautiful. If you have glasses- what is everyone wearing these days? 

They're in style!! And braces? Pshh, they'll want teeth like yours when they come off!

If you're someone who gets some kind of satisfaction from hurting people- THINK. Don't speak to hurt someone; your mouth isn't a weapon. If you're hurting, don't hurt someone else. Love fixes everything. Love yourself, love someone else, and the hurt will leave you alone. Trust me.

With that thought, I shall leave you to ponder my *perhaps* wise words. I hope it helped anyone who's hurting:)

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right.
    Loving yourself and loving others does way more to ease the pain than does hurting others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks hating on yourself and other people all the time- its boring, just twiddling your thumbs and complaining about someone else's haircut. Who cares?

      Delete