Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bullet Your Entire Day

Sunday was the most exciting day of my generally boring life, plus I started this post then, so that's when I'm going to bullet this. Enjoy.


7.00am- rudely awakened by my alarm clock. Realised I'd meant to set it for work not school. Change time and go back to sleep.

9.00am- wake up at the right time, get dressed for work and the concert- Simple Plan's Get Your Heart On tour with We The Kings and The Never Ever.

9.30am- Mum made me breakfast because she's one of the top mothers in the state- it was very very tasty.

10.00am- leave for work; get caught in traffic on the way because it was rainy.

10.30am- start working.

1.00pm- have lunch, which consisted of a Vegemite sandwich and a jam drop.

1.30pm- back to work.

2.00pm- begin to fangirl to myself about the fact that the gig is in four hours.

3.30pm- sweep the floor, still fangirling.

4.00pm- mad dash to the car, keen for the concert in TWO HOURS!

4.30pm- eat a hotdog which my top mother in the state made for me.

5.00pm- ensure I look like a human so I don't have "My Alien" dedicated to the girl up the back.

5.30pm- go over to PJ's, drop my phone, run back to pick it up, continue on my way and drive to the venue.

6.00pm- get into line- luckily we were at the front!

6.30pm- manage to get tomato sauce on my shirt *slow applause*

7.00pm- finally in!

I do not know any times after this, because I was too busy having fun to check my watch. First up were The Never Ever who were so amazingly amazing...their set list was as follows:


  • At Sixes and Sevens
  • Love's Got Me Tipsy
  • Breathe
  • Drop Dead Guilty
  • Hey Kt
I am very, very proud to say that I could sing along to every word. Here's Hey Kt for those of you that couldn't make it:


Although it ended too soon in my humble opinion, next up were We The Kings. Despite PJ's fear that Travis Clark had cut off his mane of red hair, when they came onstage, it was all still there. They dove straight into the music, talking throughout it and OHMYGOD if you think Travis sounds amazing recorded- it's just as good live, trust me, as well as a sense of humour and a ton of charm. Their set list?

  • She Takes Me High
  • Skyway Avenue
  • What You Do To Me
  • Secret Valentine
  • We'll Be A Dream
  • Say You Like Me
  • Every Single Dollar
  • Check Yes, Juliet
And of course, afterwards, on came the band I have adored since they were in New York Minute when I was eight (Yes I watched that. I have it on DVD. Don't judge me!)- Simple Plan. The lights dimmed; a bunch of screaming humans. Including me. Lights flashing; glaring out into the crowd when they walked onstage..OHMYGOD.

The set list? Here:

  • Shut Up!
  • Can't Keep My Hands Off You
  • Jump
  • When I'm Gone
  • You Suck At Love
  • Addicted
  • Jet Lag (which they sang with Christina Perri)
  • Astronaut
  • This Song Saved My Life (my favourite song)
  • Summer Paradise (in which there were a bazillion beach balls bouncing around the room, and the band was joined onstage by a shirtless Travis Clark...not hard to imagine the reaction of the girls in the room)
  • I'd Do Anything
  • The Worst Day Ever
  • When I'm With You
  • My Alien
  • You Don't Mean Anything
  • God Must Hate Me
  • Loser Of The Year
  • Welcome To My Life
  • Crazy
  • Perfect
  • I'm Just A Kid
11.00pm- get back in the car and drive to Macca's; get fries and a raspberry slushy- those things are the best!

11.30pm- arrive back at PJ's; get ready for bed

12.00am- climb into bed and fall asleep.

THE END.

The night was absolutely amazing and beautiful and perfect and I cannot seem to comprehend the fact that it's now been and gone.. how can it be?!

Anyhow; I'm off...

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment