Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day Thirty: My Favourite Song At This Time Last Year

So, it's taken one heck of a long time to get to day thirty, but I made it; we're here! We're finally at the end!!

The thirtieth and final post of the challenge is a song that was my favourite at this time last year. Like I always say, I don't ever really have just one favourite song. It's extremely difficult to only love one amazing piece of music more than all the rest at one point in time. I usually have about a top five.

It's now early August. What music did I like in August 2010? Hmm. I don't remember. August is usually a pretty quiet month for me. I only know one person who has a birthday in August- my host sister. I don't really do very much in August generally. Makes it hard to remember what I loved so much then. However, I do remember one particular song that I loved.

Last year seems so long ago! It seems like several years ago I pre-ordered Short Stack's This Is Bat Country album and downloaded it as soon as my eyes were open! That would be one of the fastest wake-up times I've ever had. Usually, when I wake up, it takes at least five minutes for me to get my personality back. I don't ever remember actually waking up in the morning- like who woke me up, turning my alarm off, etc- but that morning my eyes were wide awake the second my static-ky radio turned on and I leapt out of bed across to my laptop. I downloaded the songs and listened to them, happy as a pig in mud while I got dressed for school.

This time last year, I would have absolutely adored a song I believe I have given credit to before. A band I have posted several times before on this blog, and have appeared much, MUCH earlier in the thirty day song challenge. Remember me raving about a brilliant little band called Amy Meredith? They're back, baby. Their song, Lying, was my crazy-amazing song that I played on repeat all August.

Lying- Amy Meredith

And that does it! That ends the challenge!! I took my sweet time to do it, that's for sure!! Now it's over, I get to blog about lots of random stuff. I definitely have an idea in mind for my next few blog posts!! Stay tuned for some hot new bands coming your way soon on Ninja!!

(God, that would be amazing to say on live radio!!)

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment