Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day Twenty-Nine: A Song From My Childhood

A song from my childhood- there's plenty of those. Music has always been a big part of my life and, as I said, has always been a thing I shared with my dear, darling daddy. We have a lot of songs that are special to us.

There was the first CD I ever owned- Sweet Like Chocolate by Shanks and Bigfoot, which I believe I've already posted. There was the second one- another song that I adored and thought was funny- Shalala (Lala) by Vengaboys. The song that I want played at my wedding when I dance with my daddy- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. The song dad and I used to dance around the room to- and still do, whenever we hear it- when I was really little: Miss Otis Regrets by Bette Midler. A bit of an odd choice for a little kid, but it was upbeat and cheerful, and that was all that mattered.

You don't really hear much of either of those songs anymore. But there were- are!- two songs that you still hear on the radio sometimes. Not on your pop radio stations; it's nowhere near Top 40... anymore, anyway, and those are the ones I want to post.

The first actually wasn't one I shared with dad- it was one that was special to mum and my sisters and I. You may have heard "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain. Mum had her CD with this song on it and when we were little, she played it all the time. Whenever that track came on, she'd crank up the volume and her three little blonde Barbie brigaders (that was the nickname we used to get all the time- blonde hair, blue eyes and dressed in pink) used to get up and dance with her. As mum said, it was our theme song. That was good fun.

The other song that really means something to me from my pre-double-digit days is She's So High by Tal Bachman. I don't know of any other songs by him besides what's on the She's So High single. Dad and I used to really love this song, for as long as I can remember, really, and we still do.

Just last year, I was going through the CD cabinet of all mum and dad's old CDs, and I happened to pull out the single that I never even knew Dad had. I took it into dad's office and we had a listen and then he gave it to me. Now it sits with the two other singles that I've always loved, and they're on my iPod so I can listen to them whenever I feel a bit homesick.

Here's the songs; I hope you love them as much as I do:

Man! I Feel Like A Woman- Shania Twain



She's So High- Tal Bachman



Tomorrow- or maybe not tomorrow... will be the last post of the much-longer-than-30 Day Song Challenge, which will be a song that was my favourite at this time last year. And then I can post random stuff and more reviews!! I definitely have some bands in mind!!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment