Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day Twenty-Four: A Song I Want Played At My Funeral

Really, how depressing can you get? Deciding what songs you want played to celebrate your life and to mourn the ending of it? But it's an interesting question, and besides, I've known the answer for a long, long time.

The answer is simple. A song played at a hell of a lot of funerals, as far as I'm aware. It's a song you would have heard of before, definitely. And if you haven't, you probably need your ears cleaned out. I'm talking about a little song called "You Raise Me Up."

You probably reckon I'm thinking of the little song that you would've heard Westlife singing way-back-when. But I'm not. I'm talking about a version that is about 10, 000 times better, by The Secret Garden. Listen to it, all the way through, and tell me the Westlife version (which I've posted for comparison purposes only) is better. Well, try, because it never could be.

You Raise Me Up- The Secret Garden




You Raise Me Up- Westlife


Sigh. It's beautiful, isn't it? Dad and I both love this song, and I'm pretty sure it would now be really obvious why.

The next post is a lot more cheerful and happy; it's a song that makes me laugh. And I know just what song it's going to be. Or actually, no, I don't know. I just know the group that it will be. There's a wide variety of songs that are awesome. Wait, I probably just gave a bit too much away!!

Try not to miss me too much; as I won't actually be posting tomorrow, and maybe, maybe I might post Sunday. Depends. I'll be out all of tonight, and tomorrow we're staying overnight for a rotary trip with all the exchange families of the South  Island- I think. So on Sunday, I will be very tired. But I will try and post because I like doing it.

Oh, and let me know what you would think of actually reading something completely different to the usual from me in the form of fiction!! I'm getting pretty proud of what I've written so far!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment