Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Entertainment of Epic Awesomeness

I haven't done reviews and stuff in a while, so I thought I might give you an idea of some stuff that I am loving right this moment!

Bookwise, I'm reading True Spirit by Jessica Watson. In 2010, 16-year-old (at the time) Jessica Watson of the Sunshine Coast sailed her yacht Ella's Pink Lady into Sydney with the title of being the youngest person to do a solo circumnavigation of the world. She is an absolutely inspirational young lady who followed her dreams despite all the criticism she and her family received. She wrote a book about her experiences which has been on the shelves for a while now. On what we thought would be my last day at home, mum presented me with an oddly shaped package. I unwrapped it to find True Spirit and a notebook for recording my own adventures. I'm not quite finished it yet- I'm about three-quarters of the way through- but it's a really, really good read. Not only for people interesting in sailing- I'm in no way a sailor, believe me!- but for everyone. All the sailing terms are explained as they're used, there's lots of pretty pictures and heaps more. I highly recommend it- to anyone and everyone!

In terms of music, I'm listening to everything at the moment. However, there's this one little band that really stands out to me at the moment. They aren't signed and they're not well known; they don't have any albums out or songs on iTunes, but they're really sticking to their dreams like Jessica did and deserve to be heard! They go by the name of Lurid Midnight and you can check out their Facebook, YouTube channel, home page and/or Twitter. You really should have a look at them, especially their demo to the intro of Short Stack's "17". Support Amanda, Sian, Lisa and Kione, guys!! They're cool (and they cover Short Stack. Can you possibly get any cooler?)!!

Anyways, I'm off to eat chocolate and watch my host family play Guitar Hero- another thing I'm really loving. Well, I'm loving chocolate and Guitar Hero, actually. I'm on my last row of choccie at the moment, and I'm dreading throwing away the wrapper!!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

1 comment: