Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sorry!

Hey guys, sorry my posting has been non-existent for the past ages! As you might have guessed, I've been really, really busy getting ready to head off to New Zealand- and as you might have determined- I'M HERE!! It's been really good and a lot of fun, however I have missed the good ol' Aussie accent!

The flight was really good- when it happened! You may probably have heard about the ash cloud from the Chilean volcano? That stopped us from flying anywhere on the 25th of June like we were supposed to. We'd packed, driven to the airport, said our goodbyes and shed a few tears... and then we got a message to tell us to go home. We flew out a few days later though. 

Flying Sydney to Christchurch was very, very exciting! We flew out at 7.15am, which meant we were up and moving at 3am. I'm not normally much of a morning person, and I don't have much of a personality at that hour, but I was running on pure adrenaline! So exciting! And it was even better when we could actually see the south island of New Zealand from in the air! Most beautiful thing I've ever seen!



This week, instead of going to school, we went to Wellington! WELLINGTON WAS G-R-E-A-T!! Absolutely incredibly awesome time, despite the early mornings to catch the ferry from Picton to Wellington and back again.

When we got there, we had a bit of a walk around the streets, and I saw yellow buses. Yes, I'm perfectly aware that I'm basically the only person who finds that so exciting, but they were like tram/buses, because they were run by electricity! If that wasn't cool enough for you, we then saw another bus drive past with a completely amazing pattern on it- paua shell! It was blue and had the paua shell pattern all over it! I took a photo, but it looked  much better in real life.

The next morning we headed off to Weta studios. In case you don't know it by name, Weta Studios made Avatar (the blue people one, not the airbender) and The Lord of the Rings movies. Unfortunately you can't actually walk through it because of confidentiality issues since they're making other movies, but they have a little shop and you can watch a movie about it. It was very cool.

Then off we went to the Te Papa museum. They've got lots of animals and even a giant squid on display! It was very interactive and not at all boring. We went to the Botanical Gardens as well (thought mum might like that) on our way to the observatory. Yes, the one where you look through the telescope and everything. That was by far my favourite part of being in Wellington. We started off their by watching a big movie on the ceiling which was sort of like a big dome. The seats were very comfortable in there! Then we went upstairs to where they have a great big telescope. It weighs five tonnes. It was a bit of a cloudy night, but in Windy Wellington that wasn't that much of a problem. We looked at the surface of the moon close up- very cool- and we had a look at Saturn. Yes, Saturn, the planet with rings! That was so cool. I can't even describe it that well. It basically looked like a glow-in-the-dark sticker, which is what I told the guy who was operating it. He thought that was pretty funny!

We went to Wellington Zoo the next day. It's not very big, but it was really cool. I saw a kiwi!! Very cool!! However, everyone thought I had a bit of a blonde moment, even though I swear I was joking! At the zoo, I walked into the kiwi house, saw a bird in there and said "It's a duck!!" You're probably thinking, "oh my God, how blonde can you get?" so I'd like to lay out the facts which are, that a) I did say that it was a duck, BUT b) I didn't mean it, honestly! Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a bit of stink about that... Later on we headed to the Beehive, aka, Parliament House.

Anyway, I'm going to sign off now. I'll resume the 30 day song challenge at some stage, hopefully!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment