Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Love My Family...

First off, I'd like to pay tribute to whoever reads my blog. Probably whoever I've directed to it by raving about it to my friends (or bribing with tacos, bestie) or the legends who read my Facebook wall posts. And of course, to the fabulous ones who rated my posts 'the best kind of awesome', who took the time to comment, and the rad ones who clicked the follow button: Tia, my fluffy blonde penguin, my crazy neighbour, and my thickshake-sharing girl. I'm not talking to myself, thanks to you guys.

This is going to be another music post. Because today my beloved family got onto iTunes. By family, I mean my dad and one of my sisters. And they have good taste. Here's the new additions to our iPods:

  • The album, 'Savage Garden' by Savage Garden: When I was little, I used to hear the album 'Affirmation' all the time, so I've more or less liked it since then. Which is pretty much nearing forever. Last week I was browsing through iTunes and discovered an album we didn't have. I notified dad of its absence and now our collection is complete with their self titled album, Affirmation, and Darren Hayes' solo album, Spin, taking their well deserved places in our CD collection. Their best songs, as awarded by me, include Truly Madly Deeply, Affirmation, The Animal Song, Two Beds and a Coffee Machine, I Knew I Loved You, Crash And Burn, To The Moon & Back and I Want You. That's a lot. I suggest you search them. I wish they were still together.
  • The Time (Dirty Bit)- The Black Eyed Peas: I think I was ice skating when I heard this song for the first time. I liked it, I got distracted by it, and I fell over. But even cutting my hand and not being able to get back up again can stop me liking this song. I was helping my little sister with iTunes today and she asked for music suggestions. I pointed out this one to, of course, a shout of "I love that song!" So you should look up this one too.
  • Grenade and Just The Way You Are- Bruno Mars: I heard Just The Way You Are as a reciting by thecomputernerd01 on YouTube (you should search him, because everything there is really entertaining. My favourites would be the Baby parody and reciting. Pretty much any reciting.) and the lyrics sounded like something I'd listen to. So I looked it up and it was amazing, just the way it was. Grenade was listed below it and was even more popular than the first one- and I can see why. I love both songs, and you should check them out if you haven't already heard them on the radio.
  • We R Who We R- Ke$ha: I think pretty much everyone has heard this song somewhere. It sparked a debate between me and my ex boyfriend as to whether or not it was a good song. I said yes, he said no. But of course, I won. I like to win, and I was right this time. It's typical Ke$ha- about partying and hitting on dudes (hard!) with the same catchy beat she showcased on her album, Animal. Always makes me dance and sing (badly) along with it.
  • Raise Your Glass- P!nk: I have two of P!nk's albums, (which is not enough, of course) and I love them both. I nearly went to her concert with Blondie and our mums, but it sold out before our very eyes. Literally. And for a good reason. All her songs are good, and make some statement. Look at Dear Mr. President and Stupid Girls. I was so excited when her Greatest Hits... So Far came out. I'm sure she will have plenty more. Raise Your Glass is just one of them. It's the perfect grab-your-girls-and-let's-dance kinda song that me and my crew love.
  • Dirty Talk- Wynter Gordon: She hasn't really had anything much yet other than Toyfriend with David Guetta (another song on my iPod that I listen to  regularly), but there could be no better way to kick your career than with a song like this! There is a reason it's at number one on the iTunes charts! It's a catchy, dancing song that refuses to let you lie down and listen to it. You have to be up, jumping and dancing and singing along with it! (Hairbrush optional).
So, there's my pop reviews. Most of you would've probably heard them or bought them already, but they're good songs and good songs deserve praise! Let me know how these rate as opposed to my other reviews.

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment