Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Monday, January 31, 2011

More Bands For You To Love (And Love Me For)

Sorry about not posting for the past few days! I've been sussing out some more bands to love (and that you should love too!)

  • Heroes For Hire: They only have one full album so far, called Life of the Party. I'm actually a bit sad there's just the one; I wish there were more! But this album is so awesome, the energy makes up for it! I found out about them when I read a review on them in the magazine TV Hits.The review said they sounded like Short Stack and Fall Out Boy (two bands that I already loved) so I immediately searched the suggested song, 'Bright Lights In Paradise'. That was all I needed to hear to know that I needed to download their whole album, and I did. I don't regret not previewing the rest, and neither would you. PARAMORE LOVERS BONUS: If you looked up and loved Tonight Alive, you will love 'We're Just The Footnote In Someone Else's Love Story'- it features Jenna McDougall, Tonight Alive's lead singer!!
  • The Never Ever: Any band who calls their album Dancefloors and Dinosaurs has got to be awesome, and these guys definitely are. I thank iTunes for introducing me to one of the best songs I've ever heard. Those who haven't activated Genius on their iTunes- I say do it. I wouldn't have found out about these guys if I hadn't. 'Hey Kt' came up on my suggestions and I pressed play. Soon as I finished listening to it, I searched them. All their songs are awesome and you should love them all. I can assure you you will if you adore Short Stack, like me.
  • The Monster Goes Rawrr: The name says it all- these guys are just cool. The names of their songs are captivating- they made me want to listen!- and they don't disappoint, with tunes just as fun and catchy as their names. I particularly like the song 'I Have A Black Belt In Awesome.' It makes me think of ninjas and ninjas make me think of epicness and so on. Just like their second track, these guys are 'Hot As Hell'!
  • Amy Meredith: Ok, I know I mentioned these guys before, but I've just fallen in love with Faded White Dress. Honestly, Lying has been one of my favourite songs since it came out, but they keep getting better and better! I'm really annoyed at myself that I didn't search this song earlier because it is brilliant. I missed out on the goodness for too long! I assure you. Faded White Dress is one of there best songs yet, and if they keep getting better, I'm going to need a bigger iPod! Look this one up, guys. One of the best things you'll ever do. Promise.
  • Breathe Carolina: They're [my favourite] part of the line-up for Soundwave 2011. And I'm extremely jealous of two of my friends who get to go, because, unfortunately, I'm not. I heard their song 'The Dressing Room' first, and when I went and searched them, I found a ton more songs that I like! They're signed to Fearless Records, who bring out the awesome "Punk Goes Pop" compilations, and B.C. features pretty regularly on these, and their tracks just so happen to be my favourites. So, if you took my advice and checked out Let's Get It (also part of Fearless Records), you are sure to love these guys.
So, that's all folks! I gotta go suss out some more to share with you! (And it shouldn't be too long before that happens). Enjoy school and don't drink and drive (if you're old enough to legally do so, but particularly if you're not)!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment