Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Summer Playlist

Sadly, school holidays are coming to a close. Funny how the rain  only stops when they’re at their end. This summer has been pretty uneventful for me, but I had heaps of music to make it feel more like summer when the weather didn’t. Here’s some of the songs I had on high rotation:
  • Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)- My Chemical Romance: I love their entire new album. Every song on it, and how they’ve made it like a radio show. And this song. The same two letters might be repeated 12 times in the title (and many more times throughout the song!) but  it’s so catchy!
  • Do Not Disturb (Tell Me How Bad)- Let’s Get It: Years and years ago, my neighbour introduced me to the goodness that is Panic! At The Disco, and we were rather upset that two of them left. But recently, I found out about these guys. They sound like Panic!’s first album with a hint of Fall Out Boy. Two great bands in one- what could be better?!
  • You And Me- Lifehouse: It’s different to the first two- it’s more acoustic sounding- but I love it. I’m learning to play it on piano. Lifehouse is an awesome band. Other songs I recommend by them are Halfway Gone, Hanging By A Moment and All In.
  • Hey Soul Sister- Train: I’ve heard this song so many times on the radio it rivals the number of songs on my iPod. It’s just as well it’s a good song! I I also adore their song ‘If It’s Love.’
  • Teenage Dream- Katy Perry: Katy Perry is awesome, and I’m jealous of my neighbour getting to go to her concert! This song is probably my new favourite since Waking Up In Vegas and Hot n Cold.
  • Young At Heart- Amy Meredith: Amy Meredith are going to be the next band to dominate my iPod after Short Stack. The first song I heard was Lying, then I got this song. It basically describes me and my friends in a nice way, haha.
  • Thank You and Goodnight- Tonight Alive: I believe I mentioned how spectacularly awesome Paramore just so happens to be in my first post, so you can imagine my great joy when I was directed to a band very similar called Tonight Alive! You should definitely check them out if you’re a Paramore fan.
  • Hazardous- Vanessa Amorosi: Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve liked her music. Time went on and I forgot about it. It sat in my CD collection, unplayed for years. Then I heard Perfect and my love was rekindled. Then her album Hazardous came out and I fell in love with this song.
  • Smile- Uncle Kracker: Packed to the Rafters is one of my favourite TV shows. And every song they’ve ever chosen to be the theme song is a song I’ve loved. This one is the latest and greatest, and never fails to make me smile.
  • Planets- Short Stack: Of course I should pay tribute to this song, seeing as I have every copy of it available. The video, the EP, the album and one on the latest So Fresh. Being the die-hard Short Stack fan which I am, I pre-ordered and downloaded their new album, This Is Bat Country from iTunes the instant it was available. It sounds a little more mature than some of their earlier songs (ie, Sway Sway Baby! and Princess), but they’re all good songs.
I hope I’ve directed some of you to your future music loves. Please comment if I have, and feel free to share yours with me below!
Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

2 comments: