Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Academics

I guess this one is sort of the same as day nine, but hey, why not go for it anyway?

I am a perfectionist, to say the least. My report card has always read well, and my grades are consistently high. For the most part, I like school (not so much the social aspect, however); and I try hard; therefore it shows in my results. 

I'm going to take the calculated risk of admitting that I'm intelligent. I know that sounds really stuck up, but I know for a fact that I am nowhere near dumb. I'm near or top of the class in music theory, legal studies, English, Study of Religion (commonly referred to here as SOR), which means I am near the top in almost all of my classes. Maths, however, has copped a beating over the past couple of years, due to my pure lack of motivation. I do want to do well, but I just don't take an interest in it the same way I do with my other subjects. 

I am, generally speaking, an A grade student, and the occasional B, while acceptable, to a degree, is extremely disappointing. The only times I've had anything less really is back when I was doing PE. Oh, I do not miss those days at all. My lack of co-ordination and general understanding of how a game is suppose to work usually had me at a C, however I usually managed to scrape a solid B with my theory. 

In addition to school, I've been participating in my early uni course. The results came back and I received a distinction for my efforts. Although I would've obviously preferred a high distinction, I was extremely impressed with the mark I got because it involved two speaking tasks- an area in which I sometimes encounter trouble. 

Oral presentations aren't really my thing. I can always pass, usually at about a high B, and always come between the minimum and maximum times, but I really do not like them at all. To me, standing alone in the classroom on show for your many peers and a video camera, is not fun. It's embarrassing, because if I even try to answer a question in class, I go bright red, often stumbling on my words. I'd much rather stay unnoticed at my desk in the corner of the room, working away quietly without speaking a word to anyone. Call me anti-social, but that's the way I am.

Writing is my best ability. I love writing. Any subject that requires me to write, I enjoy. SOR is a lot of essays and academic stuff- plenty of research, and a structured essay with in-text referencing got me an A+ last term. My creative writing piece for English was an A - and I definitely slogged it out on that one, let me tell you!- and Legal Studies required an unseen essay- another A. Writing is my strength and I enjoy it, unlike most people.

Basically put, I'm a nerd and I'm proud of it. I like to put in hard work and get the results as proof. 

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment