Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Family

My family is pretty average. Mum, Dad, me and two sisters; cat and dog. Mum and dad work; my sisters are both younger than me. I'm the eldest of the three. We live on the east coast, and my extended family all live south in the mountains.

What else is there to say really?

We're all insane. There. A basic trait of our family appears to be that we are all sarcastic and have the same sense of humour. Also, none of us have any qualms about making some witty comeback when someone else does something stupid. Not in a mean way, but let's put it this way: if you can't laugh at yourself, you will never survive in my family. 

For example, the exchange. My family is all Australian, born and bred. Then, we meet our kiwi import. Her accent was very noticeable compared with ours and, in the spirit of the good natured rivalry between Australia and New Zealand, we gave her stick for it. It involved mum buying a box of Smarties and everytime she would say something with an Australian accent, mum would feed her one. Much like dog training, I suppose. If that made no sense, consider "fush and chups" (Kiwi) and "fish and chips" (Aussie). If she would say "fish and chips" like an Aussie (or just 'properly', as dad put it), she earned one Smartie. This carried on for the entire three months. 

I, however, picked up their accent slightly while I was there and came home sounding like some bizarre half breed. I didn't earn any Smarties from my parents, but I did get plenty of imitations of my strange sounding voice!

It's not just in our family though. We also make fun of the TV while we have dinner. Many people that have been on the news over the years have been subject of discussion, as are plenty of acts on Australia's Got Talent. Or, in general, this new TV show, "Being Lara Bingle" which we find utterly ridiculous and a waste of time. I mean, really, who would waste their time watching that?! No offence if that person is you, but it's just not my thing at all. Then again, neither is TV anyway.

Although it may not actually sound like it given that description, my family are actually really nice people and our jokes are just light hearted fun. Mum and my sister are really good cooks- there's always something baked and waiting to be eaten; my youngest sister is one of the funniest people around and is a born entertainer. Dad is a walking musical encyclopedia. 

Anyhow, that's about it because I just really want a Milo.

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment