Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Friday, February 4, 2011

Always Young At Heart

No matter how old you get- well perhaps it does, beyond your teenage years, but that's beside the point- you will always love doing the same stuff you used to. Sure, Barbies and Hot Wheels have been packed away in a box and either handed down to younger siblings or been sold, but there's some stuff that you never seem to grow out of.

For example, in Religion today, our teacher gave us a mandala to colour in. In other words, we coloured in a circular pattern with textas or coloured pencils. We love those. They're easy work- they take a whole lesson and they don't require any brain work besides choosing which colour to put where. It makes you realise that when you get to about ten and think 'oh, ew, colouring in is for little kids,' you never really stopped loving it.

Another good example is TV shows you used to watch before you started school. Sure you mightn't really watch them anymore, but you still remember them very clearly, especially the theme songs. Like the time in Year Seven when my friends and I were all sitting around a table in class and started singing the theme song for the Teletubbies. We still do that sometimes. I used to watch Playschool religiously as well, and I can recall heaps of their songs and stuff, as well as The Wiggles and Hi-5. Yeah, it's a bit embarrassing to admit those last three, but they're true.

And not just TV shows. What about movies? How many teenagers went to see Toy Story 3? A lot, I hear. Not me, but that was because I had my first best friend in the history of the world est. 2002 who lives far, far away from me with me, and we wanted to go shopping instead of movie-ing.

Characters is a big one too. In Jay Jays, there's character t-shirts through the whole store. Cookie Monster, at one point Barbie I think, Elmo, Oscar The Grouch, Hello Kitty (which is a character I want on a t-shirt)... they're endless.

I think I've proved my point that teenagers are closer to being kids than the 'responsible, young adults' many adults tell us we should be. Enjoy being young while you are- but don't ignore homework, chores or any other set work!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

PS- hope you like the new layout and header; the fact that the old one didn't do what I wanted it to inspired me to change it. Let me know what you think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment