Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Monday, February 21, 2011

She Said, She Said... These Songs Are Awesome!

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted in a while; my internet's been a bit dodgy! This one might be a bit longer because there's heaps of stuff on the music scene I want to share!

Thanks to whoever it waas that told me to make a Facebook roughly two years ago- I'm addicted. On the bright side, it means I have an extra way to stay connected with some of the raddest bands out there, which means more to share with you guys!

I was on the page for the awesome band The Never Ever and I saw that their first ever official video clip was going to be coming out very soon. Hey Kt is of of my favourite songs right now so of course, I started counting down. Then as soon as I saw the link to it was up, I got really excited.

I watched the clip... then I pressed repeat and watched it again and again! The video is just. That. Good. Especiallly when you take into consideration that these guys are unsigned. They've only been on the music scene for just over a year and they are doing a fantastic job. I highly recommend that you watch their video and keep your ears open for them! They are sure to be the next greatest Aussie power-pop band!

And now, ladies and gentlemen (or, as far as I'm aware, gentleman!), for the amazing clip you've all been waiting for:



Amazing, right? Blast The Stereo! Tell your friends, tell your enemies, scream it from the rooftops- THE NEVER EVER ARE AMAZING!! You can hear some of their other amazing songs here!

I got to use that iTunes card I said was screaming my name- I used it all just seconds after signing off the last post, actually- on some songs you just have to hear!

  • Brand New Eyes- Paramore: I finally finished the whole album. I love every song on it; it's been on extremely high rotation! I adore Brick By Boring Brick and Ignorance particularly! If you've been living under a rock for several years and you have no idea who Paramore is- shame on you! You should at the very least know Decode, the hit song that graced the credits of Twlight. If you didn't know that, you can still regain your dignity- you can fall in love with every single one of their songs the way I did.
  • What Do You Want From Me- Forever the Sickest Kids: A source of inspiration for two amazing bands, The Monster Goes Rawrr! and The Never Ever for a really good reason! I'll bet you've heard this song before, even if you didn't know the band by name. I was doing my research when this name came up, so I looked into it. I just happened to preview this song, and the thoughts running through my head were literally: 'OMG! I KNOW THIS SONG! IT'S AWESOME! OMG I FINALLY KNOW WHAT SONG IT IS!' This preceded some really awful, off-key singing which I'll spare you.
  • Painting Flowers- All Time Low: TMGR and TNE both also stated that they count All Time Low as one of their influences (see post above), and all three share a great sound! Painting Flowers was from the Alice In Wonderland soundtrack, which is where I fell in love with it first. "I wanna see your face and know I made it home..." it's plain to see how The Monster Goes Rawrr got their Black Belt In Awesome! Listen to All Time Low if you like any of the bands I've suggested earlier this post.
  • The Dressing Room- Breathe Carolina: I don't know how many people have an iPod touch or an iPhone, but if you do, download the free app Tap Tap Revenge 4. This is how I found out about Breathe Carolina. I just played the song and realised how amazing it was. They're signed to the fabulous record label Fearless Records and are regular contributors to the Punk Goes Pop series. I personally think that most of the covers are better than the originals. Breathe Carolina have two albums on iTunes which you should get onto  listening to, stat.
  • New Perspective- Panic! At The Disco: I've been a Panic! fan since awesome neighbour introduced me to them when I was eleven. She has all their songs so far- except for this one. I played them for Smiley which marked the beginning of three-way shared love. I've sorta, kinda been stalking their website because two of the original members, Spencer and Brendon were apparently going to continue on as Panic, while Ryan and Jon formed The Young Veins and I was waiting for the latest. The latest has arrived, in the form of New Perspective and they have their third album, Vices and Virtues set for release on March 22nd. Can't wait!
  • Like A G6- The Cataracts, Far East Movement and Dev: My sister is always exasperated by my choice in music. I rarely buy something well known unless it's a Short Stack or Paramore song or the like, which frustrates her. She was rather impressed by my deciding to buy this song. It's catchy and she bought a fair few good pop songs last iTunes card. So because I'm a nice sister, I bought it. Cue the 'aww, you're such a nice sister.' Mwahaha.
Anyway, I am home sick today and I don't feel all that fantastic, so I'm going to go lie down in bed and read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks- yes, I am now obsessed with Nicholas Sparks novels. Don't tease me.

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment