Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Smells Like Team Spirit...

Before I post, I would like to point out that I am in no way an athletic person. Competitive? Definitely. I want to be the top at everything I can. Most sports, I don't really mind not winning because I'm generally the last to finish. These tend to include track and field and other things I have absolutely no skill at.

However, I'm not so competitive that I'll slag off people who beat me, and I won't try to put them off their game. I like to win, fair and square. This kind of competitiveness is not always a bad thing. It means I can always be counted on to participate, and it helps me to be the best I can.

Today was the school swimming carnival. I'm in the blue team, as are Lemur and Blondie. We decided to get into the team spirit. This meant we had bright blue eyeshadow, massive C's on our foreheads, stripes on our faces and pom poms. And in my case, there was the bright, sparkly blue nailpolish, which has yet to be removed.

I entered every race I could enter. And I placed too... last place. Oh well. It's not that I'm a bad swimmer; it's just that I haven't trained in a pretty long time. And of course, when you're swimming in A divison (the top ones) without training, against some of the girls in our grade who train almost every day.... well, you're not going to come first, obviously. But you get points towards getting your team's name on the plaque, which is the main reason you're there, other than to have fun. And that's what matters.

Another good point is that all your mates are hanging around with you all day, and there's heaps of crazy photo opportunities. Some of the photos are really good ones that may capture you looking like a complete babe in a bikini, and some you just look... horrible. Such as my epic photo bomb, where I did my duck lips, closed eyes... and it looked awful. The other photo bomb of the day would go to two of the guys who bombed Lemur's and my photo.

Anyway, I have an iTunes voucher screaming at me that it wants to be used, so I'm going to sign off.

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment