Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Calling All Writers!

My sister came home from school a few days ago, excited about a writing competition her teacher had told her class about. She was really excited about it.
As you know, I love to write, so I was interested in it too. When I found out that the competition was for grades Prep through to Year 12, I checked out the website. The prizes are mad. First prize is $1000 cash (half to you, half to the school- darn! But it’s still a lot of money). But of course, that’s not all. As well as the cash, you can choose whether you want a Nintendo DS and one game, a Nintendo Wii and a game, a Sony digital camera and a 1GB memory card or an 8GB iPod nano and a $100 music voucher! How good is that?! Second prize is $250 in cash; third is $150 and 15 finalists will receive $20. You can enter a short story or a poem- but no more than one entry per person!
If this sounds good to you, and you’re a born writer like myself, you should definitely enter. Here’s a link to the website, Write4Fun! But make sure you get your stories and poems in before March 30th!

I'm entering a story I wrote for English class last year, which I got full marks for. I had to cut it down to meet the word limit- now it's not a word over or under 500- and now it's ready to go!

Let me know if you decide to enter the comp!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment