Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Latest And Greatest!

Hey guys, I have some new bands, as usual.

  • Allstar Weekend: I first saw them on Disney channel during the ads when my sister was watching Hannah Montana or one of those shows. I rarely watch TV, so I'm pretty sure it was an omen that I was watching it at that instant. Then a video clip came on for Allstar Weekend. Yeah, go ahead and groan about those typical Disney bands- but you'd be wrong. Not all Disney is... well, Disney. Just look at Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez (who are, by far, the ultimate Disney girls). But Allstar Weekend- I've never, ever seen a better boy band on Disney. Sure, there was the Jonas Brothers, and yes, I admit, I do have a CD of theirs, but Allstar Weekend suits my tastes more. And I like to think I have a really good taste in music. They have three songs on iTunes thus far: A Different Side Of Me (which featured on The Last Song- the book was really good, even if I did get laughed at for reading it), Dance Forever (which sounds like a boppier, poppier version of TMGR!) and Come Down With Love (which I listen to all. The. Time.). Look up, listen and love.
  • Sparks The Rescue: I've already admitted to my weakness for Fearless Records. All their bands are ah-ma-zing. We Love Like Vampires and Autumn are the two I've heard. They went through my head again and again. My sister, who thinks I don't listen to enough popular, well known stuff, actually sings along with me to these songs. Their sound is a bit more difficult to explain. It's not as heavy as some of the stuff I listen to, and they're not really electronic or pop. They're alternative, but that still doesn't pin point why I adore these guys. You should definitely look them up.
  • Party At Her Place!: They're electronic and unsigned, but they should be! I'm generally not a really big fan of electronic, but I've found the exception. I found out they existed through Facebook friend requests, got curious and loved what I heard! Their five songs on iTunes are on an album called The Invite. I love the fact that it's all themed, party style! And the songs definitely make you want to party. They're recent; the album only came out in 2010, so they've got plenty of chance to dominate the music scene, and I hope they do!
A couple of other mentions: I started up a second blog; if you love my entertainment (and hopefully, entertainING!) posts, the other one's a more serious side of me, called Dreamer's Place and more about my life. I've tried a different style of writing- if it sucks really badly, please let me know so I can change it! Please follow!

Also, last time I was at my neighbour's place, we were listening to the amazing New Perspective by the talented Panic At The Disco, when out of the blue, she suggested we start a band. Turns out B2 was thinking what B1 was thinking (yeah, don't know why I just made a reference to Bananas In Pyjamas), because I thought that idea was awesome- and I'd been thinkking similarly. We want to write our own songs, but we want to be similar to our favourite bands like Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Evanescence and everything else fabulous. Only catch is, we're not quite sure what to name it! I made two suggestions, both beginning with 'Forbidden' and she came up with another four. I've put up a poll, so have your say- what should we be called? Feel free to comment to give any other suggestions too!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment