Beautiful Noises Hey Kt - The Never Ever Sway Sway Baby - Short St... Shut Up! - Simple Plan

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day Seven: A Song That Reminds Me Of A Certain Event

So, it's been a week since I started the challenge... and I've posted every day but one! Today is a song that reminds me of a certain event... yeah, there's plenty of those too. But I've decided to name one that's significant in two different ways- Not Pretty Enough by Kasey Chambers. Yeah, it's a different sort of song for me, but I love it very much.

Firstly, Kasey Chambers was my first ever favourite singer, and my favourite song of hers was this one. Ever since I was little I've been able to sing all the words to it, in time and tune. I've always been a fan of hers really. She is talented and is great in concert.

Yes, that's right! In 2007 when she brought out her fourth album, Carnival, she came on tour very locally. I'd heard about it from one of my friends who was also a fan of hers, and she was going to the concert. I really, badly, desperately wanted to go, but I really doubted it. Then on my eleventh birthday, I unwrapped the tiniest little present and learned that good things really do come in small packages!

I went with mum to my first ever concert. It was really cool to see her up on that stage, especially because I'd performed on it before and had since, and to know that I was sharing the stage with someone I really admired was incredible. She may not be that tall, but she has the biggest voice! I honestly think she didn't even need her microphone that much. She easily could have filled the whole room with her voice.

Here's the music video (which was the first time I ever heard the song):

Not Pretty Enough- Kasey Chambers


So, tomorrow's topic is... *drumroll* dandadaDA *lame trumpet noise*!! A song that I know all the words too. Shouldn't be too hard!! Anyway, I'm going to go and continue my Short Stack TV mini marathon from last night... after dinner; I'm so hungry!!

Sayonara, fellow ninjas!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment